Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Tempus fugit ...

and then some! I can't believe how the time has passed and I haven't updated this!

My Fleece Artist sock has come along slowly. Had an issue with picking up the gusset stitches, so it sat for a week. Started the second one though, since it was easier to take on the bus. But, then I went back to the first and have it ready to graft the toe. Yay!!! No pictures until later this week, but it looks good to me. My camera USB cable has gone missing so downloading pictures is complicated.

A friend and I went to Shuttleworks just south of Calgary on Sat. Ooooohh ... lots of good stuff! Got some Brown Sheep Wildfoote sock yarn, one skein each Jungle and Desert Grass to match the single skeins I got on sale in Cochrane a couple of weeks ago. Luckily matched the dye lot of the Jungle, but not the Desert Grass. It's close enough that I'll just do a sock from each skein. I'm much too lazy to do alternate stipes. Maybe a nice lacy pattern will work. Yesterday I got the Campanula for a Cure pattern from MezzoDiva after making a donation to her fundraising for breast cancer. Check it out. Nice!

It's been really, really hot here so I'm seriously thinking cotton for the next pair of socks.

No comments: