Friday, September 14, 2007

Will I make it?

So, I'm down to the wire with this pair of alpaca socks for my friend. She leaves on Monday and I have one more pattern repeat before the heel flap on the second sock, but I'm going to try to finish this.

Another friend suggested that I give only one sock. That way the pair won't be worn out and the single could go into a drawer with a nice bar of soap or sachet and be a memento. Last resort, I'm thinking. But bright idea for using a single sock!

When I was practising the figure 8 toe, I used this lovely ombre Trekking yarn. During my holidays I decided to continue it and it's ready for the gusset shaping. I really like how this yarn knits up and how the colours work. It will be my bus sock next week.




Wave a bit of red-orange in front of me and I'm hooked!

Oh yes, I joined the Branched Fern KAL, too. I've had so much fun with the Campanuals, that I jumped in another lace sock KAL. It looks like such a nice pattern. Not sure what I'll use yet. Possibly some DG Confetti in a dark green. But I'll have to do more work on the Campanuals.

No comments: