Friday, January 4, 2008

Office decor

In November, my office space (which I share with two others) was renovated and graced with new furniture. Since I can no longer use the shelf over the heating units as work space I decided to do a little decorating. A nice basket of yarn. I have invited my co-workers, both knitters, to stroke the yarn in times of stress. It just makes a nice picture, well, and it relieves the stash storage crunch at home.

The red yarn at the end of the basket is my Christmas present from my ds. He picked it out himself. From the Red Neck Goat Farm near Calgary. Here is a closer look:


I've started my January socks for the Socks from Stash Club. They're made from Natural Dye Studio alpaca and silk in Amazon colourway. The yarn is really soft, but knitting up a bit muddy looking. This is three days knitting on the bus back and forth to work. Wendy Johnson's fingering weight toe-up sock with gusset, my favourite pattern. And these are my socks.

No comments: